In this tutorial we will try to install IRC Server using UnrealIRCD 3.2.9 and Anope for the service.
* Before continuing, please read your provider Terms Of Services ( TOS ), are they allowing IRC related to be running in their server or not.
Lets prepare the Server, by installing some required packages :
- 1234# apt-get install openssl libssl-dev# apt-get install gcc build-essential automake autoconf libncurses5-dev
Create new user for running and configuring the UnrealIRCD. Do not run IRC server as root :
- 123# adduser ircuser
Download and installing the UnrealIRCD :
- Login as the new user
- Make new directory for downloading the UnrealIRCD123# mkdir src
- Change to the src directory123# cd srv
- Download the UnrealIRCD123# wget http://www.unrealircd.com/downloads/Unreal3.2.9.tar.gz
- Extract the downloaded file123# tar xf Unreal3.2.9.tar.gz
- Go to the extracted directory and start configuring1234# cd Unreal3.2.9# ./Config